At a recent new member orientation, members learned nine ways to make the most of their membership within the first ninety days. They don’t all involve attending events. Take a look at the list below and see what fits your business and your schedule.
View a PDF version with bonus tips by clicking here.
Get noticed in the new member email. Send a logo, headshot, 2-3 sentence description of your business and links to your social media or web site for inclusion in the monthly new member email. Send to Michelle Lathrop, email@example.com
Attend an event. Whether a breakfast, lunch, after hours or educational program, register for an event within the first 30 days. Visibility is key to name and brand recognition, referrals, and relationship building. Visit www.sswbn.org/calendar for upcoming events.
Find a mentor. Have you met a member who exhibits true networking and leadership qualities? Ask them to become your mentor, introduce you to members and help you navigate SSWBN.
Develop your elevator pitch. Know how to answer the question, “What do you do?” Make new contacts want to learn more. This curiosity is vital to your networking success.
Attend a new member orientation. Held quarterly, these events provide an overview of how to benefit from your SSWBN membership and a short workshop on how to network.
Follow up with new contacts. Did you meet interesting people at a recent event? Make sure you follow up. Invite them to coffee, for a walk or phone call to learn more about their business and how you can help each other.
Join the conversation on Social Media. Comment and share on social media to expand your brand and develop new relationships. On social media SSWBN shares tips, articles, conversations, upcoming events, and member news. Find us online:
- Facebook page: facebook.com/thesswbn
- Facebook group: Search for South Shore Women’s Business Network. The group is a great opportunity to market and promote yourself, your blog, your services
- Twitter: @thesswbn
- LinkedIn group: Search for South Shore Women’s Business Network
Meet with Leadership. Meet with the President, a board member, team member or staff member to address additional concerns, ask questions and identify how SSWBN can best serve you.
Submit an announcement to the newsletter. All members are welcome to submit comments to the following newsletter columns:
- Above and Beyond. Share an accomplishment or milestone in your business. Contact: Kim DeGust, Molisse Realty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connections. Share thank you’s, referrals and collaboration success. Contact: Lynn Feingold, Songs of the Colonial Days, email@example.com
- Wants & Needs. Looking for a bookkeeper? Need support for an aging parent? Share your wants or needs. Contact: Patty Funder, Laser Light Skin Clinic, firstname.lastname@example.org